Before we begin designing a new logo for any client, it’s essential to get a solid understanding of the brief. As a result, we have to ask a bunch of questions to seek out as much information as possible.
Doing so helps pave the way for a successful logo design project. Furthermore, it will also help bring your brand to life and it will build a long-term relationship with your customers.
Many of our questions on this logo design questionnaire cover all grounds and help us to figure out your background, your organization’s target audience, its strengths, and weaknesses and its goals – everything that we need to know to satisfy your needs and wants.
Here are 60 questions that we might ask you before designing a logo. Naturally, we won’t ask you every single one, so this list is merely a helpful checklist.
Logo Design Questionnaire Part 1:
- First of all, what is your company name?
- How long has your company been established?
- Can you describe your business?
- What are the pain points that you solve for your customers?
- Why did you start your company in the first place and what was the motivation?
- Describe your business in one word, most noteworthy, why do you pick this word?
- Who are your direct/indirect competitors?
- What’s your company’s competitive advantage?
- How are your competitors marketing themselves right now?
- What services or products does your company provide?
- How big is your company?
- What are the strengths of your company?
- What are the weaknesses of your company?
- What are the opportunities for your company?
- What will the company look like in 5 years? 10 years? 30 years time?
Logo Design Questionnaire Part 2:
- What is the mission statement of your company?
- What are the values of your company?
- When your customers describe your company/organization in one word, what is it and why?
- What is one thing that you want your company to be known for?
- Do you have a current logo? If yes, what is the current logo?
- What are your comments about the current logo? What do you like or dislike?
- Why do you want to change the logo now?What do you want the new logo to achieve for you?
- What words describe how you feel when you look at your current logo and branding?
- Why does your current branding use those colors, fonts, etc.?
- Do you have a tagline or slogan that goes along with your logo?
- What are the three things that you would like your target audience to think of when they see your new branding?
- Traditional or modern? Which word is a better fit for your brand?
- Friendly or corporate? Which word is a better fit for your brand?
- High end or cost-effective? Which word is a better fit for your brand?
- Consumer or Trade? Which word is a better fit for your brand?
Logo Design Questionnaire Part 3:
- Who is the primary target audience – most likely to use your services/product?
- What is the age group of customers that are you targeting?
- Who currently uses your product the most?
- Are you pleased with the range of people your company serves?
- Are you looking to expand, modify, or completely change your target audience? or will it remain the same?
- How do you plan to focus on your target audience?
- What are your primary forms of advertising?
- How do most customers find out about your company?
- Which gender are you targeting?
- Where do most of your customers live?
- What is the average income level of your target audience?
Logo Design Questionnaire Part 4:
- What colors or color palettes do you like and why?
- Where will the logo be mainly used? Print, web, etc.?
- What are the elements of the current logo that you’d like to keep and why?
- In your words, how do you define a logo project is successful?
- Any restrictions we should consider regarding the new logo design?
- Anything that we must include? Like words or icons?
- Looking at other companies’ logo designs, what do you like and why?
- What kind logo layout do you prefer?
- Any logos that you particularly dislike and why?
Logo Design Questionnaire Part 5:
- What is the budget for this new logo?
- How many revisions or concepts would you like to see?
- How many initial concepts would you prefer to see?
- What is the deadline for this logo design project?
- What is the primary reason you chose our logo design service for your logo project?
- Who will be giving feedback and approvals?
- Who else will be involved in this project, hence, any third parties?
- How often would you like to meet and discuss the project progress?
- Any comments about things that we haven’t already covered?
- Most of all, what materials would you like to see as a result of this new logo?
- Futhermore, would you want a brand style guideline for future reference?